This year, Bonnaroo is being held from June 8-11 in Manchester, TN. With a lineup that boasts the likes of U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Weeknd, Major Lazer, and more, Bonnaroo 2017 promises to live up to its road-trip-worthy festival name.
Unfortunately, in response to the crowds of festival-goers that flock to Tennessee each year, local law enforcement steps up their game. This means more charges and arrests for attendees. There is also a higher chance that you could be wrongly accused of a crime!
COMMON CAUSES OF ARREST
Last year, Bonnaroo made headlines as the scene for a major drug bust. Police officers arrested two men on drug-related charges that included manufacturing, delivering, selling and possession of drugs, as well as possession of illegal drug paraphernalia. Overall, law enforcement reported approximately 37 arrests and 277 citations over the four day weekend.
The most common causes for arrests or citations at Bonnaroo included:
- Drug Possession
- Possession of Marijuana
- Assault & Battery
- Driving Under the Influence
- Underage Drinking
- Fake ID
ARRESTED AT BONNAROO? FOLLOW THESE TIPS.
Whether you were involved in illegal activity or not, knowing how to respond to an arrest will greatly increase your chances of having your charges reduced or dismissed altogether.
Follow these suggestions:
- Respect and Comply with Police: Don’t resist a policeman during an arrest. This may lead to additional charges and potential injury on your part.
- Refuse a Search: Respectfully decline a request to search your vehicle or other personal property. The police are not allowed to make a search without a warrant or your consent.
- Remain Silent: Law enforcement may try to entrap you with your statements. Say as little as possible and request to speak with an attorney before giving any statements.
- Reach Out to an Attorney: Increase your chances of reduced or dropped charges by discussing your case freely with an attorney who can defend your rights.
CONTACT JOSHUA T. CRAIN, ATTORNEYS AT LAW FOR MORE INFORMATION!
At our firm, we have represented thousands of clients facing a variety of charges. With an experienced Murfreesboro criminal defense attorney on your side, you can be sure that your rights are protected and that your case will be handled with excellence. We can investigate the circumstances of your arrest to see if officers crossed any lines in obtaining information from you. We will challenge the evidence they present and fight for the best possible outcome on your behalf.
To learn more about your options, contact our firm today!