Tennessee Criminal Defense

I've Been Arrested in Tennessee! What Should I Do?

If you have been arrested, it is extremely easy to begin to panic and let the situation spiral out of control. Depending on the accusations you face, you could be looking at a lengthy prison sentence and a damaged reputation. While your situation may seem dire, there are several things you can do to help prevent your circumstances from getting any worse and help improve your chances of beating your charges in court.


If you are being arrested, do not resist at all. Comply with their requests and do not make any sudden movements. Even if you believe that you are being wrongfully accused of a crime, obeying an officer’s orders can keep your situation from turning violent. Police officers are armed and are prepared to do whatever is necessary to protect themselves. If you resist, you will have a good chance of being injured and will likely face additional charges.


Under the Fifth Amendment, you have the right to remain silent. It is crucial that you exercise this right, as anything you say or do can be used against you in a court of law. Police know this, and they know the law extremely well. If you respond to their questions, they will likely attempt to guide the dialogue in a way that prompts you to say something self-incriminatory. Do not give them the chance! If the police try to question you, simply say “I am exercising my Fifth Amendment right to remain silent and would like to speak to an attorney.” Do not say anything more.


If you have been arrested in Tennessee, it is crucial that you contact a Murfreesboro criminal defense lawyer from Joshua T. Crain, Attorneys at Law to maximize your chances of securing a desirable outcome for your situation. Having garnered a Superb 10.0 Avvo Rating for our unparalleled dedication and hard-hitting advocacy, we can give you the trial-tested defense you need to help you get through this difficult time. Protecting your rights is our top priority, and our firm is prepared to go the distance on your behalf.

Tell us about your situation today by contacting our office online or by calling (615) 200-9409.