Murder crimes have various forms of severity if convicted
In the state of Tennessee, homicide is defined as the unlawful killing of another person. Depending on the circumstances, a homicide may or may not lead to criminal charges of murder, homicide, or manslaughter. These charges have varying degrees of severity and potential consequences, but, with the possibility of losing your freedom and damaging your future, it is crucial to hire an experienced Murfreesboro homicide defense lawyer to handle your case.
Degrees of homicide that can lead to criminal charges in TN include:
- First-Degree Murder: The premeditated and intentional killing of another individual.
- Second-Degree Murder: The knowing killing of another individual.
- Voluntary Manslaughter: The intentional or knowing killing of another individual in a state of passion produced by adequate provocation sufficient to lead a reasonable person to act in an irrational manner.
- Reckless Homicide: The reckless killing of another individual.
- Criminally Negligent Homicide: Criminally negligent conduct that leads to the death of another individual.
BUILD YOUR MURDER DEFENSE CASE WITH A NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED FORMER PROSECUTOR
While being responsible for the death of another human being is a serious situation, and undoubtedly a tragedy, it is not necessarily a criminal offense. In fact, there is a wide range of defenses of homicide that are geared towards either reducing the charges or having them dropped altogether. These include accidents, self-defense, defense of another person, coerced confessions, and more.
During your free case evaluation, we can thoroughly analyze your specific situation to determine what the facts and evidence are and work towards creating the strongest and most effective defense possible. Trust our firm to provide aggressive representation as we protect your rights and fight for the outcome that you need.